[Axiom-developer] Re: Running Axiom in Texmacs for Windows (was: [Texmac

From: Dan Martens
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Running Axiom in Texmacs for Windows (was: [Texmacs-dev] Plugins)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:02:51 -0500

TeXmacs seems to find Axiom automatically already (provided that
it is configured to run from the command line via the PATH).

Because of the difference between the general conventions and layouts of Linux vs. Windows, I had to add some extra functionality for the PATH issue. What wintexmacs does is the following.

1) On first use, searches for known binaries. When found, it adds the path to the pluginpaths.txt file. 2) From then on, when wintexmacs loads, it adds the each path in pluginpaths.txt to it's own PATH variable. This is to remove the user having to add the path manually (as most windows users do not want to do).

So, I can add the search binary to wintexmacs list, then it will pick up the path automatically. If you don't think this is necessary, then I won't add it.

Dan