[Axiom-developer] RE: readline and axiom

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: readline and axiom
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:26:23 -0500

Tim,

A quick note:

  axiom -eval '(si::init-readline)'

(where the binary 'axiom' is the same as interpsys)
works just fine and readline works as expected right
from the first prompt. So I guess in the future
axiom could be a shell script that runs AXIOMsys (alias
interpsys) with the eval.

Now if readline is work, I am not sure what will happen
if we also implement Axiom's clef, but then clef is bsd
... maybe we don't need readline at all?

Thanks.