[avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first byte

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first bytes of flash page
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 19:32:52 +0000

Follow-up Comment #11, bug #41561 (project avrdude):

OK, r1007 introduced memory tagging.  Before, all memories
had been treated as a large block of <N> bytes (N = size of
that memory area on the chose device), regardless of whether
their contents actually came from an input file.

Now, only those regions are touched that have corresponding
bytes in the input file.  (For paged memory areas, the term
"region" here refers to the situation where at least one byte
within a memory page has been mentioned in the input file.)

Quite possible something has been broken by this rather large
change, though it would be surprising why it only affects
USBasp then.  It's also possible the change simply uncovered
a firmware issue that used to exist before, but was never
noticed with the old scheme.

I'm adding Thomas Fischl to the Cc list, maybe he can have a
look at the problem before I'll find the time to do so.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41561>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/