[avrdude-dev] [bug #37768] Poll usbtiny 100 times at init time to handle

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #37768] Poll usbtiny 100 times at init time to handle low-clock devices
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 21:14:17 +0000

Update of bug #37768 (project avrdude):

             Assigned to:                    None => joerg_wunsch

Follow-up Comment #1:

I'm not completely reluctant to accept the patch, but in
trying to reproduce the problem, I failed so far.

First, I picked an ATmega16, and clocked it externally down
to 100 kHz.  Running AVRDUDE with the USBtinyISP and the
argument -B100 (resulting in a 10 kHz ISP clock) allowed me
to successfully connect to it.

Then, I picked an ATtiny45, and changed the low fuse to
0xe4, resulting in it being clocked from the 128 kHz watchdog
oscillator.  Again, using -B100 gave me a success in
connecting.

Finally, I changed the low fuse of the 'tiny45 to 0x64, so
the 1:8 prescaler is active, resulting in a total CPU clock
of 16 kHz.  Obviously, -B100 is still too fast now, but
-B1000 (1 kHz ISP clock) makes it work again.

Am I missing something?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37768>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/