[avrdude-dev] [bug #37768] Poll usbtiny 100 times at init time to handle

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #37768] Poll usbtiny 100 times at init time to handle low-clock devices
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 07:20:56 +0000

Update of bug #37768 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #4:

For another test, I tried the attached testcase.  It sets
the clock prescaler to 32 (= 250 kHz clock using default
fuses), makes timer 1 overflow each 256 ms to toggle a LED,
and puts the device on sleep otherwise.

I need to specify -B20 on the commandline (50 kHz ISP clock),
but otherwise, the USBtiny works fine with this constellation.

OTOH, since after a reset, the device is being clocked with
the default clock according to the fuses (i.e., 1 MHz), it
is somewhat surprising that -B20 is needed which in turn
slows down the entire ISP.  I'll try analyzing that a bit more.

(file #29099)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: t45.c                          Size:0 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37768>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/