Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows avrdude issue - device not detected

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows avrdude issue - device not detected
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 00:09:18 +0200

Am 13.08.2012 um 23:39 schrieb Ing. Daniel Rozsnyó:

>  Where could be the problem?
I don't see how this could be avrdude's fault. I believe the libftdi is too old
and does not recognise you 2232H - it only knows 2232C/D devices. For those
devices the Vendor and Product IDs are the same but other descriptors don't
match (bcdDevice, for example) so libftdi tells avrdude that there are no
devices. However, this is only a guess.
If avrude on Windows is not statically linked, you could try and update
libftdi. If libftdi is up to date I'm out of ideas.

You have a version that is a year old, so I can only suggest to compile avrdude
yourself.

Best regards,
Hannes