Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows avrdude issue - device not detected

From: Ing. Daniel Rozsnyó
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Windows avrdude issue - device not detected
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 00:54:31 +0200

Okay :)
so being a hardcore Gentoo user, I am used to compiling... but how to make it on Windows.. thats different story.

For the ones who attempt to get the same as me - a current SVN version of avrdude in Windows (XP in my case):

1. get a svn snapshot, I did it by svn co ... on my linux machine and copied over the files.

2. basically you follow this: http://tomeko.net/other/avrdude/building_avrdude.php

3. but before you merge the libusb, merge a libftdi e.g. from here: http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/detail?name=libftdi_0.20_devkit_mingw32_08April2012.zip&can=2&q=

4. then just configure, make and it works! To be able to use you new avrdude outside the shell, you need to copy out the pthreadGC2.dll with it.

Now I am happy.. thanks for assuring me it is possible to compile it by myself, without too many issues!

Daniel