RE: [avrdude-dev] [bug #29263] Can't build avrdude on windows usinglates

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] [bug #29263] Can't build avrdude on windows usinglatest cygwin 1.7.1
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:15:00 -0600

Joerg generally doesn't want to have anything to do with Windows, but that's ok
by me.

I build avrdude for Windows on a semi-regular basis, and I use MinGW/MSYS. I
used to build it on Cygwin, but I never like the final program linking to the
Cygwin DLL because of redistribution problems. That's why over time it was
moved to build under MinGW/MSYS. I'm sorry if the documentation didn't really
reflect that.