RE: [avrdude-dev] Mega163 problem

From: Egbert Jan
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Mega163 problem
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:31:55 +0100

Thanks for this swift reply J"org! Same hobbies here!
Here is the -vvv log. As you can see it is the 5.2 version of avrdude.

73 EgbertJan (PE1AAL but not active anymore...)

+++
address@hidden demo]$ avrdude -c stk500v2 -P /dev/ttyS0 -p atmega163 -U
flash:w:demo.srec -vvv

avrdude: Version 5.2, compiled on Nov 21 2006 at 10:50:24
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

         System wide configuration file is
"/usr/local/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/home/egbert/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file,
skipping

         Using Port            : /dev/ttyS0
         Using Programmer      : stk500v2
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): found STK500 programmer
         AVR Part              : ATMEGA163
         Chip Erase delay      : 32000 us
         PAGEL                 : PD7
         BS2                   : PA0
         RESET disposition     : dedicated
         RETRY pulse           : SCK
         serial program mode   : yes
         parallel program mode : yes
         Timeout               : 0
         StabDelay             : 0
         CmdexeDelay           : 0
         SyncLoops             : 0
         ByteDelay             : 0
         PollIndex             : 0
         PollValue             : 0x00
         Memory Detail         :

                                  Block Poll               Page
Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages
MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------
----- ----- ---------
           eeprom         0     0     0    0 no        512    0      0
4000  4000 0xff 0xff
                                  Block Poll               Page
Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages
MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------
----- ----- ---------
           flash         65     6   128    0 yes     16384  128    128
16000 16000 0xff 0xff
                                  Block Poll               Page
Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages
MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------
----- ----- ---------
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0
2000  2000 0x00 0x00
                                  Block Poll               Page
Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages
MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------
----- ----- ---------
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0
2000  2000 0x00 0x00
                                  Block Poll               Page
Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages
MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------
----- ----- ---------
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0
2000  2000 0x00 0x00
                                  Block Poll               Page
Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages
MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------
----- ----- ---------
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0
0     0 0x00 0x00
                                  Block Poll               Page
Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages
MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------
----- ----- ---------
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0
0     0 0x00 0x00

         Programmer Type : STK500V2
         Description     : Atmel STK500 Version 2.x firmware
         Programmer Model: STK500
         Hardware Version: 2
         Firmware Version: 2.10
         Topcard         : Unknown
         Vtarget         : 5.1 V
         Varef           : 5.0 V
         Oscillator      : 3.686 MHz
         SCK period      : 2.2 us

avrdude: stk500v2_command(): command failed
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

address@hidden demo]$
---