Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude bitbang devices patch

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude bitbang devices patch
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:47:24 -0400

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:50:24PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> > > As promised, i finished a new version of my patch. It can be found
> > > at http://kju.de/misc/bitbang.diff.
>
> First of all, again a big "Thanks!" to Michael for that contribution.
> I think it's one of the more frequently requested items this code is
> going to add now.  I guess if I eventually start to clone the JTAG ICE
> mkII code for the mkI, we've covered any programmer on earth that is
> in active use for the AVR.

Just FYI, I've received a report off-list of a person who has tested
Michael's serial port bit bang patch and they report success using the
pony-si programmer to download, upload, and erase.

I think we are good for this to go in as soon as those last few
tidbits are addressed.

Also, I think we should be real close to releasing 5.0 now.  We've
been a good while in beta with the new STK500V2 code in as well as
Joerg's JTAG MkII code to settle out.  I know there are a few
outstanding bug reports that we ought to address, but I don't think
there are any show stoppers.  I'd like to get our new programmer
support out for folks to use, and with the "sync failed" error message
now dealt with from the STK500V2 programmer, I think that is ready,
especially since we haven't really had any reports of problems from
anyone using it.

With more and more STK500's showing up with V2 and the Mk II getting
into more hands, I think this will be a welcome update.  The bit bang
serial support now adds icing to the cake :-)

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
ATmega128 based MAVRIC controllers