Re: [avrdude-dev] Release schedule?

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release schedule?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:27:24 -0500

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 09:33:10PM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

> > - Do you take latest CVS of avrdude?
> > - Should we patch together a version without CVS?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. I originally requested a release of
> avrdude due to a WinAVR release. However, Brian was also interested
> in release (IIRC) just because of the number of new things. IMHO, an
> avrdude release is and should be relatively independent of a WinAVR
> release.

Yes, I had mentioned that with all the relatively nice changes that
went in, we should do a release soon.  But with WinAVR release being
pushed back, I don't see any great rush to get out a new release.
When it's ready, it's ready - I'm fine with sometime in January if
that works for others.  I think we should continue to polish the
recent changes and cleanups in progress and go ahead and work in any
of the new features that have been discussed recently like part
autodetection and being able to set the baud rate from the command
line.

> > I have the following pending changes:
> > - "baudrate"-patch
> > - update the configuration section of manual (not writen, yet)
> > - "cycle-count"-patch
> > - TODO-cleanup ;-)
> >
> > What should go in?

All these sound good.  Please do all that you feel comfortable with.

-Brian