Re: [avrdude-dev] Release schedule?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release schedule?
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:33:10 -0700

On 13 Dec 2003 at 21:36, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 23:37, E. Weddington wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I was wondering, can we do a release of avrdude within the next 2
> > weeks? I'm planning a release of WinAVR about Dec. 22. I know Ted's
> > busy with the other open source AVR projects, so I'm ok with say
> > the week of the 15th. Any thoughts?
>
> What shall we do about this?
> - Will you cancel the Christmas-release of WinAVR?

Unfortunately, yes. BTW, the proposed date of the WinAVR release was to
coincide
with the Winter Solstice (with apologies to users in the southern hemisphere
:-)), not
just for Christmas. ;-)

> - Do you take latest CVS of avrdude?
> - Should we patch together a version without CVS?

I'm not sure what you mean here. I originally requested a release of avrdude
due to a
WinAVR release. However, Brian was also interested in release (IIRC) just
because
of the number of new things. IMHO, an avrdude release is and should be
relatively
independent of a WinAVR release.

> I have the following pending changes:
> - "baudrate"-patch
> - update the configuration section of manual (not writen, yet)
> - "cycle-count"-patch
> - TODO-cleanup ;-)
>
> What should go in?

Whatever the admins think would be best. :-)

Eric