[avrdude-dev] Before a release...

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Before a release...
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:58:01 -0700

Hi all,

Before releasing a new, improved, and faster avrdude, issues that might be
nice to be resolved:

1. Can anything on the TODO list be done, especially any low-hanging fruit?

2. And specifically on the TODO list, can this be done?:

- Add "skip empty pages" optimization on avr910 paged write. The stk500 has
  this optimization already.

IMHO, This would complement the speed improvements done elsewhere.

Then the next avrdude release could be advertised as a speed improvement
and optimization release on stk500, ppi, and avr910. ;-)

3. What of the patch (in the Patch Manager) which supposedly provides
support for AVR Butterfly? I don't know how extensive it is and I have no
opinions either way whether or not to include it.

Thanks
Eric