Re: [avrdude-dev] Fix warnings patch

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Fix warnings patch
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:05:50 +0200

As address@hidden wrote:

> > Obtw., do not reduce the clock rate too much, and then quit out of
> > terminal mode before setting it back to a reasonably high value.
> > When starting up, avrdude attempts to activate programming mode,
> > but that fails if the clock is too low, so you can't enter
> > terminal mode again unless using a -F option.

> Should this slice of wisdom go in the
> docs?

Maybe, but i think it's too verbose for a man page (which is supposed
to be a short reference only).  The texinfo stuff is currently just
a reformatted man page only either.

If we are going to reorganize the texinfo docs more into something
that would serve as a `user handbook', while keeping the man page as a
short summary, then yes, that could be mentioned there, as well as
many other things.  Perhaps we should start by simply adding a FAQ
there?  Remember all those postings from Brian here where he explained
how to use this or that new command-line option?  Remember that the #1
FAQ is that people don't remember to use -e first? ;-)