Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:29:37 -0500

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:55:23PM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

> Any thoughts about moving these out to their own file / API to drop
> in replacements per platform?

Yes - before I added support for the stk500 and came up with the 'pgm'
interface, the ppi.c file was basically just the ppi manipulating
functions you mentioned above.  At that time, I probably should have
created a new file, say, parallel.[ch] instead of dumping all the
parallel port programmer operations into ppi.c.

What if we leave ppi.[ch] to be ppi_get/set, etc and create a new file
for the parallel port programmer stuff, maybel parallel.[ch] or
something.  We'd change the programmer type in the config file to
match the new name, of course.  ppi.* would simply retain the low
level parallel port manipulation functions, where parallel.[ch] would
contain the higher level parallel programmer routines.

Would that make it easier or not to support varying platforms where
the ppi_set/get etc routines need to be implimented differently?

-Brian