Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:00:53 +0100

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Yes, gnumake does support conditionals, but of course, the syntax is
> not compatible.
>
>       if ($(wildcard .depend),.depend)
>       include .depend
>       endif
>
> Fun, no?

I'd say to defer this issue until auto* is in place.  Just live
without dependencies by now.  They are only useful for developers
anyway, IOW for us -- and we can always type "make clean" after
changing a header file.  (avr-libc didn't get the doxygen dependencies
right all the time, i always type rm -rf build/doc/api/latex* in order
to force the docs to be rebuilt...)

Also, couldn't linux_ppdev.h and ppi.h merged?  That would remove the
root of this discussion. ;-)