Re: [avr-libc-dev] Build of SVN trunk completely broken

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Build of SVN trunk completely broken
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 21:18:23 +0100

As Dmitry wrote:

> Unlike most sources, the strlcat.S does not contain the
>     #if !defined(__AVR_TINY__) ... #endif
> cover.

Точно, спасибо!  I've been too tired last night to see this.

OK, so I added the __AVR_TINY__ protection there, and rolled the 1.8.0
release.  There is one major difference in the way the deprecation of
the old prog_* types is implemented: it is now necessary to define the
preprocessor macro __PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__ *before* including
<avr/pgmspace.h>, in order to get the old (not really useful)
typedefs.  Without that protection, anyone including the file was
spammed with dozens of deprecation warnings, regardless of whether
they really intended to use them or not.

Also, we cannot both, deprecate these typedefs but still continue
using them (in the PGM_P and PGM_VOID_P macros).  For that reason,
without __PROG_TYPES_COMPAT__, these macros (which are used
extensively throughout the library) are now defined to const char *
and const void * types, respectively.