Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #33716] pgmspace typedefs not legal

From: Bill Westfield
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #33716] pgmspace typedefs not legal
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:07:03 -0700 (PDT)

>> Rather than deprecating the typedefs in pgmspace.h, I would
>> suggest to replace them by respective macros.
>>
> What macros do you want them replaced with?

My immediate reaction was that this couldn't possibly work; that
#define prog_uchar unsigned char PROGMEM
and
typedef unsigned char PROGMEM prog_uchar
were just too semantically different for the macro to be effective.

But I'm having trouble finding an example where it wouldn't
work, and actually "do the right thing"...

What am I missing?

BillW