Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [bug #25300] Additional i/o port names

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [bug #25300] Additional i/o port names
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:02:18 -0400

>> >we need to generate a list of what was wrong with the XML
>> files to give to Atmel.
>>
>> Putting the fuse enumerations, actually in the fuse section
>> would make sense, they don't do that now.
>
> Could you be more specific?

To me at least, it seem really odd that logical sections like fuses
are not contained in a single local fuse section.  Fuse related
items are in at least three different sections of the XML file.
Same applies to other sections like the lockbits.

        <FUSE>
                <LIST>[FUSE0:FUSE1:FUSE2:FUSE3:FUSE4]</LIST>
                <ID/>
                <ICON/>
                <TEXT/>
                <FUSE0>
                        <NMB_TEXT>8</NMB_TEXT>
        </FUSE>
        <LOCKBIT>
        </LOCKBIT>
                <templates xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
                        <module class="NVM" text="Non Volatile Memory
Controller">
                                <registers memspace="FUSE" name="NVM_FUSES"
text="Fuses">
                                        <reg size="1" name="FUSEBYTE0"
offset="0x00" text="JTAG User ID">
                                                <bitfield name="JTAGUSERID"
mask="0xFF" text="JTAG User ID"/>
                                        </reg>
                                        <reg size="1" name="FUSEBYTE1"
offset="0x01" text="Watchdog Configuration">
                                                <bitfield name="WDWP"
mask="0xF0" text="Watchdog Window Timeout
Period" enum="WD"/>
                                                <bitfield name="WDP"
mask="0x0F" text="Watchdog Timeout Period"
enum="WD"/>
                                        </reg>
                                        <reg size="1" name="FUSEBYTE2"
offset="0x02" text="Reset Configuration">
                                                <bitfield name="DVSDON"
mask="0x80" text="Spike Detector Enable"/>
                                                <bitfield name="BOOTRST"
mask="0x40" text="Boot Loader Section
Reset Vector" enum="BOOTRST"/>
                                                <bitfield name="BODACT"