Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:13:57 -0800

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Rick Altherr <address@hidden> wrote:
>  The example I am most familiar with is text coalescing with Apple's
>  ld.  Sadly, I can't give out details on how it works nor can I provide
>  source.

Alright. Back to EEPROM functions...

When using binutils and gcc, passing the inline eeprom_read_byte and
eeprom_write_byte functions to the library functions will generate one
copy of the byte function per object file in which it's used. That
seems like a reasonable compromise of speed/space to me given the
technical challenges. What's everyone else's opinion?

Cheers,
Shaun