Re: [avr-gcc-list] Specification of AVR ELF format?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Specification of AVR ELF format?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:24:12 +0200 (MET DST)

"Daniel O'Connor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 24/09/2010, at 13:59, Wim Lewis wrote:

>> I want to add ELF support to avrdude [...]

Which is great!  Btw., there's a separate avrdude-dev mailing list for
development on AVRDUDE.

> Can't you just use libbfd, or libelf?

Yes, please, use libbfd.  It's already a prerequisite for AVaRICE, and
for the exact same reason: to load an entire AVR's image from the ELF
file.  You might get the missing pieces of information including code
examples from there (except for the fuse byte offsets, as they are a
recent addition, but they should be simple enough to figure them out).