[avr-gcc-list] make failing: /usr/bin/sh: PrinterHost.lss: No such file

From: avr
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] make failing: /usr/bin/sh: PrinterHost.lss: No such file or directory
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:42:51 -0700

Hello All,

I've been running avr-gcc, as part of WinAVR 2010-01 in XP in a VirtualBox
emulation, for quite some time.

Everything was working fine until I started receiving this error:

Creating Extended Listing: PrinterHost.lss
avr-objdump -h -S -z PrinterHost.elf > PrinterHost.lss
/usr/bin/sh: PrinterHost.lss: No such file or directory
make: *** [PrinterHost.lss] Error 1

No PrinterHost.lss is created, however if I run the avr-objdump command line in
a dos box, it completes successfully.

I'm also receiving some warnings about incompatible pointer types:

PrinterHost.c:167: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

This warning has to do with a ram array holding pointers to two dimensional
arrays in PROGMEM (who knows _what_ I was thinking to try to make this work 8-)

I've had some other strange post-compile errors when things weren't just right
in PROGMEM pointers, so I'm thinking this may be the problem (but I could very
well be wrong)

Another strange symptom is that "make clean" doesn't delete the
.o/.lst/.lss/.hex/.elf files in the project directory. So another possible scenario I'm
wondering about is that somehow windoze is confused by the mixed case names that are
resident in the unix file store behind the virtualbox emulation.

Any help would be _very_ greatly appreciated!

johnea