RE: [avr-gcc-list] Remove .bss size from RAM segment of AVR ELF?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Remove .bss size from RAM segment of AVR ELF?
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:46:11 -0600

My concern is that right now, all the programming tools that I know of
already know how to deal with the current ELF file that the toolchain
generates. AVR Studio work and avrdude works. If we go about messing
around with the format of the ELF file, will we suddenly break AVR
Studio and avrdude? And for what advantage? As the saying goes: "If it
ain't broke, don't fix it."