Re: [avr-gcc-list] PORTC

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] PORTC
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 04:06:58 +0000

Quoting Andi <address@hidden>:
Hi,

I have a program for atmega8 and the program is working well when I compile it using WinAVR-20040404-bin-install.exe. But when I compile it using WinAVR-20071221-install.exe the program isn't working anymore.
And I found something, the compiler didn't the code to set and clear PORTC.
I had tried using PORTC |= (1<<n) and PORTC &= ~(1<<n) but still the compiler won't compile it.

Is it a bug ? Or , do I miss something ?

It is hard to tell without knowing the rest of the code. If that snippet is in a static function that is not called from anywhere, the compiler is free to just drop it. Preferably provide a compilable small example, so that others can compile the same test and see what is going on.

--
Paulo Marques