Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc won't compile (xgcc has bad cmdline option "-

From: Rory Galvin
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc won't compile (xgcc has bad cmdline option "-march=i586")
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:12:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

thats a swift response! Thanks (Cue sigh of relief).

I didn't think I was making any reference to the old
gcc.  Doesn't avr-gcc build its own gcc?  If not, what
does the ./configure script message 'checking where to
find the target gcc... just installed' mean?

If I uninstalled gcc 3.4.6 just before building
avr-gcc (4.1.2)...? I've a feeling that's not going to
work.

Rory

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html