Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to rebuild AVR-GCC for Windows?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to rebuild AVR-GCC for Windows?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:20:59 +0100 (MET)

"Bob Paddock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> ...  The motivation at the moment is that the Boss wants to start
> using GCC on his new Mega164 project, so it would be a Good Thing to
> have a Mega164 GCC compiler when he switches over from IAR.

Curious, are they already real?

There are no XML files from Atmel available so far for them, and there
are several errors in the published datasheet, so crafting the
avr-libc header files for them was based on some guesswork made by
Anatoly Sokolov.  AVR Studio wouldn't support them either (AFAICT), so
a Unix-based version would even be beyond Windows. ;-)

As for how to build the tools on Windows, search for Kai Klenovsek's
instructions if you don't mind doing the legwork yourself.  You'd need
to manually collect the patches (like, from my avr-binutils and
avr-gcc FreeBSD ports) tough, as Kai didn't document the patch
process.  (He hasn't been interested in supporting recent devices.)