RE: [avr-gcc-list] What is the recommended route to build avr-gccwithsup

From: Nigel Winterbottom
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] What is the recommended route to build avr-gccwithsupport for newer processors?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:14:06 -0000

Hello,

For the benefit of those reading the archives I'm following up on what I did
to enable ATmega329 support on WinAVR-20050214.

I downloaded avr-libc 1.4.0 and attempted to build it using the binaries
provided with WinAVR. The configure script completed OK, it found some
missing executables but indicated they should not cause a problem.
When doing a make however, an infinite loop occured i.e. make never
terminated. So I gave up.

Thankfully Joerg Wunsch provided a pre-built avr-libc, this was a life-saver
... many thanks Joerg.

I installed avr-libc 1.4.0 over my WinAVR-20050214. I chose mega32 as a
substitute for mega329 because it has the same amount of program flash and
the same avr5 instruction set. I then copied the following files:

C:\WinAVR\avr\include\avr\iom329.h to C:\WinAVR\avr\include\avr\iom32.h and
C:\WinAVR\avr\lib\avr5\crtm329.o   to C:\WinAVR\avr\lib\avr5\crtm32.o

I also added the following lines into my Makefile:
MCU = atmega32
LDFLAGS += -Tdata 0x800100

Job Done: Memory Map and Stack init all OK.

Nigel Winterbottom