Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile for ubuntu

From: Patrick Blanchard
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile for ubuntu
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:28:03 -0500

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 14:20 -0500, Thomas Keller wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 10:33 -0500, Patrick Blanchard wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 12:58 -0700, Cullen Newsom wrote:
> > > Does anyone want to tell me all the undocumented* tricks to
> > > getting a working dev environment for avr-gcc on ubuntu with the
> > > stk200 and either it's programmer, or with avrisp?  Anyone have
> > > a makefile that might work?
> > Personally, I like Debian but have little experience with ubuntu.
>
>   For what little it may be worth, I am told by the denizens pof the
> linuxc supoport IRC channels that Ubuntu is Debian with a new user
> interface, essentially.   Things look a  bit different on the desktop,
> but under the hood, it's Debian linux.  Or so I am told.  I am running
> Debian myself.

 yes, this is my understanding too. I have an old Sony Viao and tried a
Fedora 3 install and it failed. Then a friend told me their ubuntu
installed on a Viao - and that it is Debian based. I then tried Debian
on my Viao and it recognized the drives and formatted them; I have yet
to finish the install however.