Re: [avr-gcc-list] Off topic question - 3 1/2 PC Floppy drive

From: Iztok Zupet
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Off topic question - 3 1/2 PC Floppy drive
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:22:43 +0200

Hi:
 I don't think that the DMA for AVR is the crucial problem here. Old 4Mhz
Zilogs used to work with floppy without DMA, so it should be possible for an
8Mhz AVR (which should be in fact 8 times faster then 4Mhz Zilog).

 The fact is that nowadays it's very difficult to obtain a floppy disk
controller chip, especially such which doesn't require a DMA interface. All
are namely integrated into bigger devices. So unless You have a free access
to a chip museum, better take Marek's advice.

Regards
iz

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org