Re: [avr-gcc-list] Linker Script Bug & Question ('Freaks Experimentalrel

From: Peter Bosscha
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Linker Script Bug & Question ('Freaks Experimentalrelease)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 13:48:29 +0200

Ok, looks like I was wrong.
What confused me was that the .map file still lists the data segment as
starting at 800060 (under "Memory Configuration")
Looking at the actual .data segment I see it starts at the right 800100
address.
Thanks for the reply .. (still need my linker script to fix the LIBM
bug, I force libm to load first.)

Regards
Peter

>>> Marek Michalkiewicz <address@hidden> 07/01/02 01:25PM >>>
> Only now found out that my map works out wrong;
>
> Using "atmega128" as mmcu option, still loads the linker script for
> avr5.
> This means my sram starts at 60 not 100.

Try to add the -v option to see what the avr-gcc driver is doing:
should invoke avr-ld with the "-m avr5 -Tdata 0x800100" options.
The latter specifies that the data section starts at 0x100, without
need for an additional linker script.  It works for me...

Hope this helps,
Marek

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org