[avr-gcc-list] uisp erased atmega103 id bytes!

From: Francisco T. A. Silva
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] uisp erased atmega103 id bytes!
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:07:04 -0300 (BRT)

Hi folks,

Today I decided to test uisp-20020626. I had never used uisp before, all
my programming being done with sp12. I had a locked atmega103 so I tried

uisp -dprog=stk200 -dpart=atmega103 --erase

After that the id bytes became 0xff,0xff,0xff and it allways fail verify!

Going back to sp12, I can lock and unlock the device, but verify fails
when I try to write to the flash and the id bytes are all 0xff.

This was a 5V system. I see uisp has a voltage setting. Is it all that
important?Is there some way to recover from this?
Is it possible to damage the flash to this point?

Thanks,
 --
Francisco

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org