RE: [avr-gcc-list] uisp erased atmega103 id bytes!

From: Heinrich Vermeulen
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] uisp erased atmega103 id bytes!
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:43:27 +0200

We had the same problem when we started with the 103.  I changed our version
of uisp
to ignore the signature bytes and default to the 103 when FF FF FF signature
bytes were detected.  This will pgm and verify correctly then.  The Windows
avrisp has an option to ignore these bytes.  Maybe we should alter uisp and
give the user the option to overide automatically selected options.

Our rep said these bytes are wiped because of funny sequences on the RST and
VCC lines (I think) during programming.  The best option is to get a 128
instead.

Heinrich Vermeulen

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org