Re: [avr-chat] avrdude: a little mistake at the display of fusebytes

From: Andreas Graebe
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude: a little mistake at the display of fusebytes
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:05:06 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 31.07.2014, 10:12 +0200 schrieb Juergen Harms:

> Here is what I get - which looks OK
>
> <address@hidden ~> avrdude -v -p AT90CAN128 -c jtag3 -P usb
> ... snip
>           Programmer Type : JTAGICE3
>           Description     : Atmel AVR JTAGICE3 in JTAG mode
>           ICE hardware version: 2
>           ICE firmware version: 3.23 (rel. 45)
> ... snip
> avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9781
> avrdude: safemode: lfuse reads as EF
> avrdude: safemode: hfuse reads as 11
> avrdude: safemode: efuse reads as F5
>
> avrdude: safemode: lfuse reads as EF
> avrdude: safemode: hfuse reads as 11
> avrdude: safemode: efuse reads as F5
> avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (E:F5, H:11, L:EF)
>
> avrdude done.  Thank you.
>
> What programmer are you using, where is the difference between your
> environment and mine? I am using avrdude 6.1, and the firmware in my
> jtagice3 has been upgraded under AtmelStudio 6.2 (with this upgrade
> installed, avrdude < 6.1 does not work correctly, at least for JTAG3).
>
> Juergen

Hi, i am using an older version:
avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Oct 21 2013 at 17:07:18
under linux, Kernel 3.13.0-32-generic. Should i get the sources and
compile avrdude on my system?

My programmer is a usbasp, which works correct so far.

Unfortunately, my pc has no parallel port, otherwise i could try the
same with my old Kanda200+ - programmer. I will check this next time i
sit on a pc with centronics port. There also exists a prototype-board
http://www.pollin.de/shop/downloads/D810074B.PDF
with serial bitbanging interface. I will test them all and report the
results.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
Andreas Graebe