Re: [avr-chat] Alternatives for minicom

From: Piotr Nikiel
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Alternatives for minicom
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:08:31 +0100

Hi Juergen,

doing screen /dev/your.serial.port
is usually another nice solution, as long as you are able to setup parameters
of your port beforehand, using e.g. stty or other console utilities.
As I quite often use 9600 8N1 for my serial console on AVR systems, and that's
the boot-up default for most serial ports,
I can just run screen right away.
Ctrl-A Ctrl-C to quit in case you got lost ;-)

Cheers,
Piotr