[avr-chat] Butterfly temp->rs232

From: Mark Elkins
Subject: [avr-chat] Butterfly temp->rs232
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:58:57 +0200

I'm waiting on an AVR Butterfly (and 'T'-Shirt) to arrive.
I want to stick it in my computer room and have it send me the current
temperature via RS232 - as well as show the Temp on the LCD. I'd like to
know the "Light Status" too (are the lights on?).
Rather than re-invent - any one got something close to this they'd like
to share?
I'll plug this into a Linux box - and have it send a "gimme the Status"
command (arbitrary single character) then read back a line of input - at
some sane (low) speed.
This way - I can feed the Temp into mrtg, along with the light output,
which should show a nice "Human Occupancy" (the light) and changes in
temp - maybe help me with catching the idiot who switches off the
Aircon...
--
.  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
/| /|       / /__       address@hidden  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE