[avr-chat] ISP adapters

From: Chris Bare
Subject: [avr-chat] ISP adapters
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:14:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I'm an experienced programmer, but new to the microcontroller world. I'm
looking for a capable controller board to use for robotics experiments, and
the robostix from http://gumstix.com/ seems like a good place to start.
I use linux for my desktop, so I want to be able to code in C and download
from a linux PC.
All of this has lead me to avrdude and this list. The last piece of the puzzle
is the ISP to connect my PC to the robostix. The line on the gumstix site
points to:
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?PName?Name=ATAVRISP-ND
which it says is an obsolete item.

Can anyone recommend a pre-built ISP that works with avrdude and the robostix
board and a vendor that currently sells it?
--
Chris Bare
address@hidden