Pre-build step with exact dependency

From: Germán Diago Gómez
Subject: Pre-build step with exact dependency
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 00:45:10 +0700

Hello all,

I'm new to the automake mailing lists. Nice to meet you. I've been using
linux and the autoconf framework for several years already.

I want to pre-build a resource file before including it in a source
file.  I've seen the recommendation on this thread of how to do better
than with BUILT_SOURCE variable:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2010-06/msg00030.html

My question is:

Can I rely on the object name (.o) generated by automake tool for adding
a dependency on my resource file? Will this change in the future and
hence, my rule get broken? Because my dependency name looks a bit
elaborate, like this:

Src/DatabaseManager-DatabaseManager.o

Regards