Re: How to force location of headers

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: How to force location of headers
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:14:26 -0400

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:03:03 -0700
Russ Allbery <address@hidden> wrote:

> "" is primarily a source of bugs and annoyances

Based on what?  The use of "" instead of <> around the include filename
is a signal that the file is expected to found locally and may override
the normal one.  Not only does it save the work of putzing with -I, it
expresses something that in a multi-directory project is tricky to
capture in a Makefile.

In 25 years I don't remember a single bug or annoyance
deriving from it, nor has the ISO seen fit to remove or recommend
against the feature. Your experience may of course be different, but
that's not cause for general advice.

--jkl