How to force location of headers

From: Kabi
Subject: How to force location of headers
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 06:26:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I am trying to find a way to force make to look for header-files in a
specific location, so I am looking for some option to put in Makefile.am to
make this happen.
This option is for unittesting with check, where I am trying to override
included headers, to avoid controller specific options in the original
headers.

Is this possible?

I am using AM_CFLAGS to include directories where make should look for
headers, but only headers surrounded by <> when included is overridden. make
is still looking for headers surrounded byt "" in the directory with the
projects source .c files.

My Makefile.am
PRJDIR = ../../xyz_prj

AM_CFLAGS = -Ixyz/xyz -Ixyz

noinst_LTLIBRARIES = lib_xyz.la
noinst_libAT_SMdir = ${includedir}/xyz

libAT_SM_la_SOURCES = ${PRJDIR}/xyz.c

TESTS = check_main
check_PROGRAMS = check_main
check_main_SOURCES = check_main.c check_xyz.c
check_main_CFLAGS = ${AM_CFLAGS}  @CHECK_CFLAGS@
check_main_LDADD = lib_xyz.la @CHECK_LIBS@

ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4 --install