Re: autoconf-2.65 has 252 test failures on OpenSolaris x86

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: autoconf-2.65 has 252 test failures on OpenSolaris x86
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:23:59 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

It's pretty ironic that a Solaris shell should warn about `...`, with
Autoconf using that construct mostly because shells like Solaris <=10
10) /bin/sh does not cope with $(...).  Oh well.  Can the shell be told
to not output these warnings somehow?  I took a quick look at
<http://dlc.sun.com/osol/man/downloads/current/> but couldn't find a
switch or environment variable to do so.

I assume that this OpenSolaris system has the "new" ksh93 shell, which is vastly different than previous Solaris /bin/sh and includes much more than a shell (it is a shell + utilities). The project page for this is at

 http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+ksh93%2Dintegration/

If the shell is indeed ksh93 then I suggest following up with Roland Mainz on the ksh93 integration discussion list and report back here once there is a conclusion.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn