Re: Asking for a tutorial to solve two different cases

From: Matěj Týč
Subject: Re: Asking for a tutorial to solve two different cases
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:25:45 +0200

2009/10/20 Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden>:
>   I'm developping an application. The question is that once installed
>   I'd like to find it hanged to my Gnome general applications
>   menu. For this, I'm searching the info about how should I configure
>   the autotools files project.

There is a nice entry about it in the freedesktop wiki, you just have
to create and copy your foo.desktop file to the right directory.
Moreover this is a solution that should work even with KDE since it is
supposed to be DE-independent.
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Howto_desktop_files

PS: I hope it was asked in the autoconf list since I have sent it to
the last person in the thread and not to the list, as usually.