Re: cross-compilation tool detection

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: cross-compilation tool detection
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:02:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Rainer Weikusat wrote:

I indeed 'think' that naming programs according to any taxonomy I
might consider to be convenient, possibly including no taxonomy at
all (why shouldn't I call a cross-compiler 'Julia', should I so
desire?) is useful to me.

You are free to call your compiler anything you like but in the future your code might not compile any more.

Since the build host also usually offers compilation tools, it is quite useful if each set of tools is clearly demarked by a naming convention so that the correct ones are used. Use symbolic links to establish one without modifying your tool installation.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn