cross-compilation tool detection

From: Rainer Weikusat
Subject: cross-compilation tool detection
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:49:21 +0200

This mail being caused by having received the warning quoted below:

configure: WARNING: In the future, Autoconf will not detect cross-tools
whose name does not start with the host triplet.  If you think this
configuration is useful to you, please write to address@hidden

I indeed 'think' that naming programs according to any taxonomy I
might consider to be convenient, possibly including no taxonomy at
all (why shouldn't I call a cross-compiler 'Julia', should I so
desire?) is useful to me.

Kind of a weird question.