Re: Location of declarations in Linux vs FreeBSD, etc.

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: Location of declarations in Linux vs FreeBSD, etc.
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:57:13 +0000

> I think the thing to do is a) include both headers and be done with it or
> b) code a small daemon function myself given that some unices may not have =
> it.

AIX does not, as I recall, have a daemon() call.  That's one OS where you
will have a learning experience.

There are also a number of different ways to close open fd's.

You probably don't care about special things for Domain/OS (it's been
gone for a long time).

Then there are things for setsid()/setpgid(), TIOCNOTTY, the no and 2
arg forms of setpgrp(), and SIGDANGER on AIX.

There are probably other issues, too.