Re: AC_DEFINE problem

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: AC_DEFINE problem
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:12:58 +0200

* address@hidden wrote on Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:40:34AM CEST:
> hi,
> i am not on my computer at home right now and don't have cvs on this to
> download it, but i got this from sourceforge
> it's package "epsilon" in enlightenment 17 cvs

Hmm.  I pulled
http://enlightenment.freedesktop.org/fetch.php?file=epsilon-0.3.0.006.tar.gz

which I assume is what you mean.  Running
  autoconf
inside the top source directory works fine Autoconf-2.59.  However, do
note that aclocal.m4 contains some macro definitions which are not
supplied by either Automake nor Libtool, and are not part of Autoconf
either, nor of the epsilon package.  So if you ever run aclocal, you
have to make sure to have sources for these macros available.

Another note:

> dnl Use -Wall if we have gcc.
> changequote(,)dnl
> if test "x$GCC" = "xyes"; then
>  case " $CFLAGS " in
>  *[\ \        ]-Wall[\ \      ]*) ;;
>  *) CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -Wall " ;;
>  esac
> fi
> changequote([,])dnl

Using changequote is evil (see the Autoconf manual for why).  Instead,
use suitable quoting, for example:

dnl Use -Wall if we have gcc.
if test "x$GCC" = "xyes"; then
 case " $CFLAGS " in
 *) CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -Wall " ;;
 esac
fi

(This is not to comment on the semantics of that snippet at all.)

Hope that helps.