Super-fine control of LDFLAGS

From: Theodore Sternberg
Subject: Super-fine control of LDFLAGS
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:07:20 -0700 (PDT)

Even after doing all I can with AM_LDFLAGS and LDADD, my link line isn't
quite right.  Is there any way to just tell autoconf, "look, whatever you
come up with for LDFLAGS, pass it through this here sed script" -- or
something like that?

This is on a 64-bit Linux Opteron, and the problem is that autoconf is
trying to link to the libstdc++.so that's in lib, instead of the one in
lib64.  Every 64-bit system seems to have a different idea about where to
put its 32-bit vs 64-bit libraries and for all I know this one is "wrong".
Be that as it may, however, it's not so wrong that I can't build on it
with hand-written Makefiles; I'd therefore like to be able to use autoconf
there too.

Ted Sternberg
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory