Re: Library that needs large file support

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: Library that needs large file support
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:51:44 +0100

Florian Weimer wrote:
Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

I recommend defining your own equivalents to off_t & ino_t (if needed)
which are *always* 64 bits wide.  Only your library implementation
uses the system off_t & ino_t definitions and they are not used in
your public library headers.  This way your library has a consistent
interface and the dependent application can use it regardless of
whether or not it is built to support large files.

Well, that doesn't work that well if you are writing a C++ POSIX binding
and don't want to duplicate those data structures.  But I see you point.
Maybe I should make the affected functions artificially templated, this
would get things right.

How do win32 c++ headers deal with shapeshifting types?

cheers,
-- guido                                  http://AC-Archive.sf.net/largefile
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ s+:a d(+-) r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)