Re: generating a configure script in a subdirectory?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: generating a configure script in a subdirectory?
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:16:21 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Juan Luis Baptiste wrote:

> I'm working in a project that has a subproject. This subproject has it's
> own configure.in and Makefile.am files. How can I make the main
> configure.in script generates the subproject/configure script? I know
> that with AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS I can run an existing  configure script in a
> subdirectory, but I don't know how to generate it from configure.in.

Each configure script is normally independently maintained.  That
means that you can run 'autoconf' in the subdirectory where the
subordinate configure script lives to generate the configure script.
Some versions of autoreconf may attempt to do this for you (with
varying success).

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden