Re: autoconf and cl.exe

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: autoconf and cl.exe
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:35:18 -0500

Braden McDaniel wrote:

I know of no reason why you
shouldn't be able to use cl with it.  Let's discuss on
address@hidden what your difficulties are.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see that MSYS provides a bridge for
the disconnect between autoconf's macros and cl. Is there a specific piece
of MSYS I should be looking for?

It provides a Minimal SYStem to execute configure and make. To use cl as your compiler then just ``CC=cl CXX=cl configure ... && make''. If what you're after is for autoconf to look for cl as a possible compiler that's another matter; but one that could be worked through on the mingw-users list.

Earnie.
P.S.:
Due to SPAM issues mingw-users and mingw-msys have become member only lists. If you wish to post, you will need to join the list. If you don't want to receive the list mail then choose the nomail option when joining. Please visit http://www.mingw.org/lists.shtml for links to the list form. There may be a time lag between subscribing and you are actually listed as a member. If you see this rejection message again after subscribing, please try your post again later.