Re: autoconf and cl.exe

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: autoconf and cl.exe
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:18:39 -0500

Braden McDaniel wrote:

If sh is not available, presumably there would be substantial difficulty in
using autoconf/configure at all.

In practice, I think there are very few projects using cl with autoconf. But
I want to use autotools, and building with cl is a requirement for the
project I'm working on. So hopefully I can come up with a general solution
to the problem.

Have you looked at MSYS from www.mingw.org? I know of no reason why you shouldn't be able to use cl with it. Let's discuss on address@hidden what your difficulties are.

Earnie.